Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Unfolding Treasure




Ever since we moved to Grants, emotional meltdowns would happen occasionally, almost like they were scheduled, about once a week to once every two weeks. My transition and accepting to live here has been a long drawn out process. I felt as though I had no purpose, and nothing to keep me preoccupied enough to make me feel like I could make a life here. I would go to Albuquerque or go out of town every other weekend because I needed to get out of this place. I am sure I made it worse for me than it needed to be, but I serious felt as though I was forgotten by God, and that I was forced to live in a barren land with no nourishment. I felt abandoned (metaphor may be a little extreme) But, it got pretty bad. Not only was it challenging, but I lost all hope to be happy here. We considered moving several times in the last several months. Either to Albuquerque, Los Lunas or even Farmington where Jonathan would have to commute to Grants to work. It got so bad, that I wasn't even sure I could make it until our lease was up in August. But, I decided if we did make a change, we would wait until August.

My passion and drive consisted of what I knew I was good at and could do. When we lived in Ruidoso over the summer, I was a barista which I loved. I was hoping to continue my career in that once we moved up here, but, there was not one single coffee shop here. If I wanted decent coffee, I would have to drive to Albuquerque. Shortly after moving here though, Jonathan and I bought an espresso machine to make the need for good coffee more available. Which became a God-send.

Slowly things began to change. I started making friends, which was something I did not have here. I continued taking classes at the college and this Spring semester I got a part-time job at the college library to keep me busy so I didn't constantly focus on my depression. I ended up going to Albuquerque a couple of weekends ago to go shopping and stopped into a coffee supply place to pick up some supplies for our small espresso machine. I was talking to the owner about what I needed and information about where I live and just casual conversation. As I was explaining where I lived, he pointed to a large espresso machine he had in his shop and told me that machine was headed to Grants New Mexico that following Monday. Immediately, my mouth dropped in awe. I couldn't believe my ears. He explained who was opening up a coffee shop and when. I was shocked and immediately over joyed. He gave me the information about the owners and where the coffee shop was going to be located in Grants.

So that following week, I made it over to where he told me it was going to be. I talked to a nice older man who was doing a remodel on the building where the coffee shop was going to be and told me how to reach the owners. I went to their house which the wife owned a home-day care and talked to the lady and inquired about the information I heard in Albuquerque. She confirmed that it was all true. Right away, when she noticed my excitement and I told her a little of my background in the coffee business, she encouraged me to apply. So I did, and this past weekend, I was hired as their Barista Manager.

You have no idea how thrilled I am. I finally have purpose, drive and passion exploding right in front of me. As I look back on how I felt about my life prior to this happening, I felt as though I was floating in thin air with nothing to hold onto or lead me. I believe this is no coincidence, but it was the plan all along. My life is unfolding and as it unfolds, treasures of gold and diamonds are starting to appear. I just didn't have eyes to walk by faith during the last several months or even notice the treasures. My eyes are now open!

6 comments:

L said...

i am so excited for you! this post reminded me of Matt 7:11, one of my favorite passages.

Anonymous said...

Great blog babe. I hope that we can both trust God more from this experience.

Mike said...

This is fantastic news. I am very happy that you have found something that you enjoy. It certainly takes the edge off.

foretastes said...

AWESOME!!! So happy for you, Nicole!

oakleyses said...

birkin bag, north face outlet, p90x, nfl jerseys, valentino shoes, canada goose uk, lululemon outlet, vans shoes, ugg pas cher, mac cosmetics, canada goose, bottega veneta, herve leger, soccer jerseys, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, insanity workout, celine handbags, canada goose, canada goose outlet, nike roshe run, mont blanc, marc jacobs, ugg boots clearance, instyler, ugg australia, moncler outlet, chi flat iron, uggs outlet, beats by dre, ugg boots, canada goose jackets, new balance shoes, ghd, canada goose, uggs, reebok outlet, mcm handbags, asics running shoes, ugg, hollister, north face jackets, ugg boots, ferragamo shoes, moncler, giuseppe zanotti, wedding dresses, babyliss pro, jimmy choo outlet, rolex watches

oakleyses said...

hollister, montre homme, ray ban, gucci, wedding dresses, juicy couture outlet, moncler, ralph lauren, hollister clothing store, moncler, iphone 6 cases, pandora charms, swarovski, hollister, lancel, louboutin, karen millen, canada goose, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, toms shoes, moncler, vans, oakley, swarovski crystal, ugg, juicy couture outlet, converse, ugg, rolex watches, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, timberland boots, supra shoes, baseball bats, links of london, coach outlet store online, moncler, air max, parajumpers, moncler, canada goose, converse shoes, air max

Web Site Hit Counter