Friday, January 11, 2008

All About Me!

I wanted to post a description about my journey on my "all about me" archive, but I can't figure how to do it, so I am posting it as a blog. I hope you enjoy reading about where Father has and is taking me!

I grew up in a small town in the desert of New Mexico where my parents gracefully raised me. Through my growing up years I was raised as a run-of-the-mill Christian, who attended a small congregation where I grew accustomed to the rules and regulations. I attended up until I was in college and started attending another non-denomination. I met my husband in this congregation and dated him for three years. Through these years of dating, we attended, and made long lasting relations with these brothers and sisters. Eventually right after college our pastor at the time married us, and a couple days later, we immediately moved close to Denver Colorado, where we are currently living. Recently after we moved to Colorado, we attended a large congregation compared to what we were used to back home. It was first very hard to get involved and it felt so un-natural for us to be thrown in this large group of people and not know a single soul. Meanwhile, back home my parents, stopped attending and started this other profound way of living for Father. My mom talked a lot about Wayne Jacobsen and Brad Cummings pod casts, but at the time it never quite registered. Quite frankly, I was shocked and amazed that my parents were doing the exact opposite of what they taught us kid's growing up. It was hard to fathom that this type of life style, not going to a congregation, and following all the rules, was okay with God. A couple months after attending this congregation, my husband one day woke up on a Sunday morning, and said, " We don't need to go today". And that is how it all started. At first, I was quite happy not having to get up so early on a weekend day to attend a large group of people, but as time went by, about 6 to 8 months later, my relationship with Father started developing in a more natural form than what I have ever experienced before. I began to listen more and find myself through Father and was finding out what Father wanted from me. He wanted my heart, and that was it, nothing more just my heart. I thought for the longest time that as long as I lived up to others expectations and thought that they were coming from God, I was okay. But, instead of all that, he just wanted my heart, and he wanted me for himself. Once I grasp how easy Father was and how complicated everybody made him out to be, Father was an easy God who just wanted to love me and that is when I started getting to know my father more intimately than I have ever experienced before. That is where I am today thanks to Father and the brothers and sister that he chose to help me along the way
Web Site Hit Counter