Monday, August 4, 2008

Leaving Expectations Behind

Jonathan and I went camping with some amazing people this weekend. One of them was a friend I met when I was young and we went to the same congregation. Now we are all adults and married and were reunited years ago and started getting connected again after so long. Through her, we met several other couples that they know and there were a total of ten of us camping and it was such an amazing experience getting to know some wonderful Christian people. I honestly haven’t had an experience like this with Christians in a face to face setting before in a long time. There was such a feeling of Father’s presence. We may not all be in the same place with Father, but I am beginning to understand that Father can take anyone and put them with anyone and unite them in His Spirit. On Saturday night we were all sitting around the camp fire and started to sing to Father where it was unexpected and unplanned. I came away from that so filled with Father and amazed how the Lord can just make that happen when we are in tune with His Spirit like we were. I loved it! I remember before we left on this trip that I asked Father to just take away all expectations that I may have of the trip and just be who I am and allow Father to lead and guide us together as His body. Guess what? It happened. I really felt us completely united whether or not we attend the same church. I am so blessed that I had a chance to be a part of this unity and were able to meet and enjoy these amazing individuals…
Praise Him

6 comments:

a said...

Nichole ... Thats Church! Thats what Jesus intended by "Church".

Blessings

Nicole said...

Praise Him, that is exactly what I got too!

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
This is awesome!!! Thank You Papa for showing Nicole Your Love, and their love through them!
~Amy :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole!

Great post. We were so blessed having you guys on the trip. It was awesome fun! I just made a post myself that you can see on our blog. I also added all the photos to our flickr account for you to check out.
Talk to you guys soon!
Blessings!

-Kenny

Anonymous said...

oh, our blog is kennyandrebekah.com. You can access our flickr through there :)

Nicole said...

Kenny. Bro, the pictures are amazingly awesome! Jonathan and I were so blessed by you all!

In Freedom, Nicole!

Web Site Hit Counter