Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Passion Has a Voice




I think in terms of a twist to my latest post about narrow-mindedness there is a different way at looking at one way of seeing things. Passion! I would say I am very passionate about my freedom and Grace that Father has given me. I sense that there is a huge difference in regards to where I am and where others are… I am trying to find a common ground here so I don’t sound like I know it all, but, what I have experienced and continue to experience is something that I have to talk about. I was trying to think of an analogy to compare this to something on earth, but honestly, this freedom in Father has no comparison. Nothing compares to the grace and freedom that I have found in my relationship with the Lord. I have no obligations to live up to in regards to a standard Christian scale. I am learning to just be, and live everyday as if Father was sitting right beside me and taking each step with me anywhere I am. One can only imagine how much freedom is found in that. No obligations or standards to live up to. I am completely loved for who I am, and his love is not based on what I do or how I do it, or even how much of it I do. I can sit here and do nothing all day everyday and still be just as loved by Father as if I was in a church building, or ‘reaching’ the lost. I am not judged by Father nor do I feel demanded by him to meet people’s agenda’s or obligations. To some, this kind of thinking and living is scary and so unfamiliar that I can understand why people may think this is way out of anyone’s comfort zones. I too, believe it or not, have felt the same way about this kind of living, but, if I was to allow fear and self-condemnation to keep me from this kind of life, I would be missing out on an amazing and incredible journey with my Father and would not ever understand the depth of His love for me that he gives FREELY. I am passionate about my Father and my life. My passion has a voice, and if I were to shut that voice off, I would not have a voice at all.

6 comments:

Walking Church said...

I think Nic the problem is simple: you are defending a relationship with Abba while others are defending a doctrine of Abba.

Does that nail it?

Others won't get it.

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
Yes, yes! This is beautiful, my sister! I rejoice with you! And I, too, have been feeling, and believing the same thing! I am reveling in simply being so absolutely head-over-heals in love with Papa Son Holy Spirit.

And I don't have to DO anything for Him...

Yet, I want to LOVE Him, in whatever form, or manifestation this comes out! I delight in Him with all my heart!

So, cool, Nicole, to hear this beautiful place you're in/living/being!

I, am feeling a kinship, a similar thing!

So cool, how He is working within us brothers and sisters.

Blessings,
~Amy :)

Sue said...

What a beautiful post, Nicole :)

I agree, it is difficult to explain the freedom. I walk in this space a great deal of the time (except when I'm freaking over something, being in the furnace turned up high, but even then it feels like some part of me is just ... at rest.) I don't know how to describe it to people because I'm sure a lot of people look at me and my walk and misunderstand it. I am so rough around the edges. I swear, I still have great gobs of cynicism and darkness and all those things that a lot of people say shouldn't accompany someone who is walking with the Lord or whatever. And I'm not claiming that anything that I say or do belongs; I'm aware of how much of me needs to be drossed away but - and this sounds so blasphemous to some - I DON'T CARE!! I don't care because HE doesn't seem to care in the way that Jonathon Edwards would say he cares, not being able to sit near and live with me in my life while I'm full of all these sins and blasphemies.

How awesome it is to be at rest in him, you know?

Erin said...

We are so insecure in our faith...like children, more of us wish to have the rules clearly defined so that we know if we are doing good or not...and releasing ourselves from these rules is terrifying for some. We have to know if we are OK...

We forget that Jesus came and said God doesn't operate the way humans do, he is opposite from how our humanity would have things. He doesn't need to draw lines and say do this, don't do this...he said LOVE and all the rest will work out. Unconcerned with the way we see ourselves, he says if we live loved, everything else is natural.

oakleyses said...

birkin bag, north face outlet, p90x, nfl jerseys, valentino shoes, canada goose uk, lululemon outlet, vans shoes, ugg pas cher, mac cosmetics, canada goose, bottega veneta, herve leger, soccer jerseys, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, insanity workout, celine handbags, canada goose, canada goose outlet, nike roshe run, mont blanc, marc jacobs, ugg boots clearance, instyler, ugg australia, moncler outlet, chi flat iron, uggs outlet, beats by dre, ugg boots, canada goose jackets, new balance shoes, ghd, canada goose, uggs, reebok outlet, mcm handbags, asics running shoes, ugg, hollister, north face jackets, ugg boots, ferragamo shoes, moncler, giuseppe zanotti, wedding dresses, babyliss pro, jimmy choo outlet, rolex watches

oakleyses said...

hollister, montre homme, ray ban, gucci, wedding dresses, juicy couture outlet, moncler, ralph lauren, hollister clothing store, moncler, iphone 6 cases, pandora charms, swarovski, hollister, lancel, louboutin, karen millen, canada goose, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, toms shoes, moncler, vans, oakley, swarovski crystal, ugg, juicy couture outlet, converse, ugg, rolex watches, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, timberland boots, supra shoes, baseball bats, links of london, coach outlet store online, moncler, air max, parajumpers, moncler, canada goose, converse shoes, air max

Web Site Hit Counter